The students should have a basic understanding of current approaches and methods in educational research and sound knowledge of educational science.
Accredited until 31. 12. 2019
You can apply until:
Always verify the dates on the programme website.
For more information please visit the programme website!
Only university graduates of Master's degree programmes with a corresponding or similar specialization can be admitted to the doctoral study programme (full-time or combined mode) after passing an entrance examination.
1. Submission of an electronic application in the Masaryk University Information System.
2. Submission of a research proposal for the doctoral dissertation (in English).
3. Submission of a list of published works (if any).
4. Submission of an academic Curriculum Vitae (in English).
5. Submission of an officially attested copy of applicant's Master's degree (recognition of a foreign university degree, if applicable).
6. Demonstrate English-language skills at the C2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
7. Receive a positive recommendation from the Education Doctoral Studies Commitee, which is based on an oral entrance examination and a complex evaluation of the materials set out in Items 1 to 5.
8. In addition, all applicants with foreign degrees (except as set out below) must submit their Master's degree for official recognition by the Czech Republic's Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. As this process ("nostrification") can take several months, it is recommended that applicants submit this paperwork concurrently with their application. Applicants without this official recognition are not permitted to enrol at the University.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
StudyPortals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
The award recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance. Successful candidates will receive up to £10,000 to be applied toward the cost of tuition fees.
Testimonial Registration Module
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, StudyPortals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.