Paris city life
Paris is surely a great place to acquire many fine memories and some of the most diverse experiences. Here is a list of thing to do in Paris, even on a low budget:
- Wander down the Seine and around Canal Saint Martin.
- Have a picnic or do sports in Parc des Buttes-Chaumont.
- Watch the sun set on top of the Ferris wheel at Place de La Concorde
- Sip coffee at Café Procope (the oldest restaurant in Paris).
- Thrift shopping in the 13th arrondissement.
- Take a cycling tour from Fat Tire Paris.
- Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral for free, climb its tower and touch a gargoyle.
- Make the most of free first Sundays and visit the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay.
- Cast an eye at the Love Wall, where "I Love You" is scrawled in hundreds of different languages.
Other important tourist attraction in Paris include: Centre Georges Pompidou, the Eiffel Tower, Hôtel de Ville, Musée de l'Orangerie, Musée Rodin, Carnavalet Museum, L'Opera Garnier, Maisons de Victor Hugo, the Promenade Plantée, Montparnasse Cemetery, and Jardin du Luxembourg, among many others.
To ensure a cheap night out, go to student hotspots like Place Monge in the 5th, Parmentier in the 11th and Rue de Lappe near Bastille, where plenty of bars are offering happy hour deals, and free concerts. The metro is the easiest and cheapest mode of transport, but they have closing hours at 12.40 AM in the week, 2 AM during weekends.
International atmosphere in Paris
Paris is a true melting pot, welcoming foreign students, tourists and large communities of expats alike. Some of the most common countries of origin international students in Paris include Morocco, China, Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Germany, Italy, Cameroun, Vietnam and Spain.
The capital of France is also one of the most visited places on earth and diverse foreign communities found their home in Paris. Apart French and English, the main languages spoken in the city are Arabic, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Chinese and German.
The weather is temperate year-round, and from June-September there are pleasant average temperatures of 20°C (68°F). July is the warmest month, while December is the coldest, with average temperatures that drop to 5°C (41°F).