Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
If you're an international student studying at one of our Global Partner Institutions listed and are self-funding your undergraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship, which you'll receive as a tuition fee discount distributed across your years of study.
The scholarship is worth £2,000.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Only those applicants put forward by one of our Global Channel Partners listed in the terms and conditions below will be considered for this award.
- Students must be studying on one of the accelerated Masters progression programmes outlined in the link/partnership agreement between the University and the appropriate Global Channel Partner listed in these terms and conditions.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 6 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Students must be starting their Masters at Essex in 2022-2023.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- Students must be applying directly, not through an agency, for admission to any of our Masters courses.
- Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
- Students who are not eligible
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student.
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Students undertaking a course that is normally delivered wholly online.
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
Study experience required
If you meet all the eligibility criteria you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for yourplace at Essex. No alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.