Number of scholarships to award
Monthly stipend approximately EUR 5,000 per year
- tuition fee reduction
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries.
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend: 36000RMB per year per master student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy the scholarship in the next year. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1976);
- Be physically and mentally healthy with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations;
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health;
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks;
- Severe physically challenged;
- Be a bachelor's degree holder when applying for master's program, with at least three years' working experience;
- Be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- Be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- Be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- Be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- Be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
Study experience required
Application Period: Consult the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of the Chinese embassies (consulates) in your home countries.