Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
If you're an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
The scholarship is worth £4,500.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Study experience required
These scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.