Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
These grants support University of Illinois students who are both gifted students and exceptional athletes.
Scholarships offer one year of support.
- Academic and athletic competence shall take precedence over financial needs as qualification for the awards.
- Scholarships are available to qualified students without regard to campus, class level, or gender.
- Graduate and professional students in good academic standing are eligible.
- Criteria for athletic excellence include participation over a period of time in amateur athletics at any level for personal development, rather than career objectives, and special aptitude or ability in athletic endeavors.
- Awards cannot substitute for or serve the same purposes as athletic grants-in-aid. Students should consult their coaches or the athletic compliance office before filing an application.
- Recipients must be registered as full-time students at the beginning of each term (fall and spring semesters) of the award. Awards are not paid during summer terms.