The Applied Statistics program at The University of Texas at San Antonio will address growing national and state demands for individuals with doctoral training in the areas of biostatistics, business, engineering, and general applied statistics.
Why an Applied Statistics Ph.D.?
- The college's doctoral classes are diverse in terms of professional experience, academic experience, cultural influences, and international experiences.
- Commitment to research and a passion for teaching are two of the qualities that distinguish both our doctoral faculty and our graduates.
- Students work closely with faculty members in small classes, seminars, research projects, and other assignments, aimed toward developing the analytical skills competencies to conduct independent quality research.
- Statistical methods are ubiquitous and used in the social, physical, and biomedical sciences and in business to process information to assist decision making.
- In this age of advanced technology, there is an increasing demand for individuals with the expertise in designing experiments and analyzing large complex data sets via the latest advances in computing.
- In particular, there is a real need for professionals with a Ph.D. degree in Applied Statistics. Statisticians are in very high demand in the fields of biostatistics and bioinformatics, business analytics and economics, engineering and industry, large data set processing and mining, and social and behavioral sciences.
- A completed a Graduate School application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- A curriculum vita.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources familiar with the applicant’s background.
- A statement of experiences, interests, and goals for pursuing a Ph.D. in Applied Statistics.
- General GRE, not older than five years.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.