The Cell and Molecular Biology degree at The University of Texas at San Antonio offers specialized tracks in both Stem Cell and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, with special emphasis on infectious diseases.
The Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology is awarded to candidates who have displayed an in-depth understanding of the subject matter and demonstrated the ability to make an original contribution to knowledge in their field of specialty.
Why pursue a Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology?
- A large group of faculty actively engaged in a wide range of research interests.
- A highly-structured Ph.D. curriculum designed to foster the success of students and graduation within five years.
- A highly interactive and well-conceived curriculum designed to train students in all aspects of cell & molecular biology, including intellectual advancement as well as training in specific research areas.
- Completion of the CMB Ph.D. program prepares students for careers in academia, biotechnology, biomedical industries, government research, or positions in research institutes.
- Provide expertise in bacteriology, virology, parasitology, mycology, immunology, vaccinology, biodefense, and molecular genetics.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 40 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
- A completed a Graduate School application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- Three letters of recommendation are required from academic or professional sources familiar with the applicant’s background, attesting to the student’s academic and personal attributes for success in the program and potential for contributing substantially to a field of study related to the degree.
- A written personal statement/essay describing research interests and purpose for pursuing the Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from a recent (no more than five years old) administration of the examination.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.