Supervised field placements and relevant coursework enable you to be at the forefront of your chosen profession.
The course aims to produce highly qualified scientist practitioners in clinical psychology.
Graduates of the Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology) are eligible for registration as psychologists, and qualified to work in a range of mental health settings. They are also well-placed for careers in research, academic and policy settings.
Professional accreditation / recognition
The program meets the requirements for general registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS). Upon graduating you can become eligible for membership of the College of Clinical Psychologists of the APS after completing post-degree supervision requirements as set out by the college. Completing approved post-degree supervision also allows you to practise as a clinical psychologist as set out by the Psychology Board of Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Child Psychology
- Counselling and Professional Issues
- Psychological Assessment
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Psychological Disorders and Psychopharmacology
- Advanced Applications of Evidence-Based Therapies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS code: 039996G
- Applicants must hold an approved honours degree or fourth-year equivalent qualification with honours class 1 or upper 2A in the field of psychology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Candidates will be chosen based on interview, clinically relevant skills and experience, referee reports, and the ability to pursue doctoral-level research.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Domestic higher degree by research students are normally provided a Research Training Program fee offset to undertake their degree.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.