About The Course
This Doctor of Education at The University of Western Australia is designed for research-orientated individuals working in educational roles, who wish to make a contribution to knowledge in the context of professional practice.
Participants will develop substantial content knowledge in cognate areas related to the kinds of career positions and pathways that they might pursue, along with substantial knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to the field of learning.
Graduates may move into a range of careers as the EdD is a demonstration of a graduate's ability to conceptualise and implement an independent program of research, manage a project, organise resources, work with other people and communicate effectively in writing at a high level. These careers could include leadership, management and tertiary education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Doctoral Research Project Plan
- Doctoral Research Scoping Project
- Doctoral Research Project Design
- Research Paradigms: Doctoral Project Report
- Doctoral Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 12 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS CODE: 015857E
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have:
- a bachelor's degree of this University in a relevant field with first or upper second class honours, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; or
- a master's degree of this University in a relevant field with an average of at least 70 per cent, and adequate research preparation as prescribed in University Policy, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
- the equivalent of at least two years' full-time professional educational experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 104700 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.