With both a coursework and thesis component, this professional doctorate recognises a distinguished original contribution to professional knowledge. It is a platform for achieving publication of the research outputs and can re-launch your professional career or fulfil a personal yearning for scholarly satisfaction
This Doctor of Juridical Science program from The University of Western Australia is designed for law graduates with relevant experience. It involves completion of a combination of coursework units and a 50,000 to 60,000 word thesis. Prior to being admitted to candidature an applicant may be required by the Governing Board to undertake any of the following: (a) complete such courses, lectures, seminars and other work as may be directed; (b) complete such research preparation as directed and provide particulars of the progress and results of the research as requested; or (3) pass an examination approved by the Board. For further information visit the UWA Handbook web page.
This course provides you with the opportunity to pursue advanced or further study in law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Law
- Federal Jurisdiction
- Heritage Governance: from Global to Local
- Health Law and Policy
- International Sales Law
- Advanced Evidence and Proof
- Employment Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- The majority of SJD law units are offered intensively throughout the year during the vacation periods and study breaks.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies View 7 other PhDs in Legal Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 024815G
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- the Bachelor of Laws with first or upper second class honours; or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
- a Juris Doctor or Master of Laws, including a 12 point research project, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 70 per cent;
- a bachelor's degree in law, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- evidence of adequate research preparation as recognised by UWA; and
- at least two years of relevant professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International52500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 157500 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.