Lancaster's Department of Marketing has a vibrant research culture, with specialisms in the key areas of consumer research, business marketing and purchasing, market studies and international marketing.
Currently, we have one of the largest groups of marketing academics in the UK, and we disseminate our research through top international journals, and also through international, interdisciplinary conference presentations. Many staff members work closely with marketing practitioners to ensure that the research we undertake has relevance for both commercial and public-sector organisations.
We have a thriving PhD programme at Lancaster University - Management School consisting of both full-time and part-time students. Our doctoral students contribute to the life of the department through participation at School and Departmental seminars and doctoral consortia.
At Lancaster University Management School you will find a truly international, established and ambitious community. We’re quadruple-accredited and world-ranked. Research is at the heart of our success and informs our teaching, pushes boundaries and transforms lives. Our collaborative approach and access to cutting edge knowledge makes us a beacon for top-talent; the place to be.
- The research training of the PhD in Marketing includes compulsory modules covering topics such as qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You will also participate in a series of skill seminars which are not compulsory but highly recommended.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Marketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 14 other PhDs in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A relevant UK Masters degree with the a minimum of 65% overall and 65% in the dissertation, or a non-UK Masters degree, graded at the equivalent level.
- We may also consider non-standard applicants, please contact us for information.
- If you have studied outside of the UK, we would advise you to check our list of international qualifications before submitting your application.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.