The Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics program at University of Kentucky has at its heart a close student-mentor relationship that allows for the maximum flexibility in the development of independent and creative scientists.
- Students will have the opportunity to join faculty research programs across a spectrum of topics including: pathogenic microbiology, virology, cancer cell and molecular biology, and cellular and molecular immunology.
- Specific research areas include microbial physiology, bacterial pathogenicity, cellular and molecular immunology, tumor immunology, lymphocyte differentiation, membrane biology, molecular virology, molecular genetics, and gene regulation.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Tumor Immunology And Immunotherapy
- Clinical Microbiology
- Biomolecules And Metabolism
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Immunology View 44 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide the names and contact information of three faculty members who are familiar with your undergraduate and graduate coursework, research, etc.
- A personal statement indicating research interest and goals for doctoral study and beyond.
- A CV indicating any academic honors, publications, research experience, and relevant work experience (if applicable).
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.