Typical time to completion without a master’s degree is 6 to 7 years. Applicants who have earned bachelor’s, master’s, and specialist levels are considered for the program.
- The first two years of the PhD program roughly parallel the specialist program.
- Students without an advanced degree also typically earn a MS degree after the first year of the program. The doctoral program in School Psychology at University of Kentucky also yields school psychology certification and is designed to qualify graduates for licensure as a psychologist.
- The assessment of children and adolescents as well as planning for interventions necessitates this broader conceptualization of childhood problems.
- The program integrates social justice perspectives throughout its training sequence and focuses on evidence-based practices in working with school-aged youth. The program emphasizes a balance between psychological and educational theory as well as applied practice.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 114 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Resume/Vita. Be sure to include your educational background, work experiences, professional certifications, professional memberships, publications, and references.
- Letters of Recommendation. Two letters of reference are required, though three are encouraged.
- Writing Sample. (Only required for all PhD applicants and for Counseling Psychology MS applicants). Submit a sole-authored article, class paper, Master’s Thesis, or manuscript. Writing sample should demonstrate command of APA style.
- Statement of Purpose.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.