This doctoral Educational Leadership program at the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University prepares learners to critically examine the conceptual, organizational, political, social, managerial, interpersonal, and technical dimensions of schools and other educational institutions. Leadership is needed in every field, particularly in education where educators play an important role in shaping the minds and attitudes of young learners for the future.
Coursework emphasizes on critical analysis of contemporary problems of practice in collaborative study environments with professors, school administrators, and fellow doctoral learners.
With this degree, graduates will be able to gain a variety of skills, including contemporary leadership practices, innovative thinking, change management, strategic planning, and educational finance and budgeting.
- Education policy maker
- Chief learning officer
- Chief academic officer
- Educational consultant
- Education lobbyist
- University leadership
- Education research
- Corporate trainer
- College dean/professor
- To generate a critical understanding of multiple paradigms in contemporary research
- To prepare learners to create knowledge in academic disciplines
- To prepare learners to become scholars in a chosen field of study
- To enable learners to analyze knowledge-creation issues under dynamic conditions of the environment
- To prepare learners to be proficient in applying knowledge and finding scientific solutions for socio-economic problems
- To support learners in developing professional skills so that they can effectively communicate their research findings and engage in active international debates in their fields of study
- To be able to create and apply knowledge within and across academic and professional domains
- To be able to construct and test relevant research questions or hypotheses in order to conduct problem-solving research
- To use research acumen to generate and test innovative ideas for conducting research anchored in the value system of the Arab World
- To apply quantitative and qualitative tools of inquiry and analysis in research
- To be able to construct and synthesize inter-disciplinary strands of knowledge
- To use software packages in a creative manner in research endeavors
- To create an impact on society through scientific research
This program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Commission for Academic Accreditation.
- Research Issues in Learning
- Instructional Design Strategy
- Quality Assurance in e-Learning
- Educational Leadership
- A PhD program application form duly completed by the applicant
- A certified copy of the Master’s Degree
- Certified copies of academic transcripts including English translations
- A valid passport copy with a valid visa
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of valid Emirates ID card
- 4 Passport size photographs
- Two Original letters of recommendation
- Letter of employment (if employed)
International68826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 68826 USD per year during 36 months.
National68826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 68826 USD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.