The Durham DBA programme of Durham University is structured around a research project driven by the individual, with a focus on practical application in the business environment.
- Develop the highest level thinking and research
- Present your findings at conferences globally
- Contribute to your own professional practice
How is the programme structured?
The programme is offered on a flexible part-time basis and takes from four to six years to complete.
- Years 1 and 2 comprise five taught modules delivered at the School
- Years 3 to 6 comprise individual supervised research and study.
Throughout your studies you’ll develop your research, analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills to the highest level. You’ll also gain a strategic focus that will enable you to contribute to your own professional practice and the wider subject area.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Ecology of Organisations
- Power, Control and Resistance in Organisations
- Change in Organisations
- Leadership in Organisations
- Research Design Workshop
- Qualitative and Quantitative Groups
- Academic Progression Reviews
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Deadline: 6 weeks prior to start of the programme. We can be flexible upon taking applications after this point if there are no visa implications for travel.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 38 other PhDs in Finance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will need:
- A Masters degree in a discipline related to business and management from a recognised university or other institution of higher education; or equivalent qualifications or experience
- A minimum of five years management experience
- A 1500-2000 word research proposal. Guidance on preparing your research proposal.
- If English is not your first language you will need IELTS 7.0 (no element below 6.5) or Pearson Test of English Overall Score 70+ (No element below 62).
A minimum of five years management experience
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 48 months.
National15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Year 1 - £15,200
- Year 2 - £15,200
- Year 3-£4,500
- Year 4 -£4,500
- Year 5 - £3,400
- Year 6 - £2,200
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.