The Department of Educational Studies is part of South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS), a consortium formed of 10 leading UK Universities, all of which are engaged in cutting-edge social science research and training. The Education programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
It has about thirty research students from the UK, the EU and other countries. Many of our research students are also practising professionals carrying out research related to their work. Students study either full-time or part-time.
Students become members of the Department’s Research Centres and they are encouraged to contribute along with staff and other visiting scholars to their seminar series. Additional facilities for research students are provided by the Goldsmiths Graduate School.
To help you:
- Identify appropriate issues of educational significance for your enquiry
- Select appropriate methods and methodologies by which to investigate these
- Appreciate the epistemological and technical assumptions that underpin this choice
- Design and execute a well-founded enquiry
- Analyse and interpret findings with accuracy, rigour and originality
- Identify the practical and professional implications of educational enquiry
- We ensure that you are supported by highly qualified supervisors with whom you work to a mutually agreed timetable and maintain regular tutorial contact throughout your research. An induction and research training programme is provided and you are normally expected to follow this.
- Students have additional support from the Goldsmiths Graduate School, where there is a lively programme of interdisciplinary seminars, as well as core research training to support your studies.
- All MPhil and PhD students and academic staff are invited to research seminars run by the Department’s three Research Centres: the Centre for Language, Culture and Learning (CLCL), the Centre for the Arts and Learning and the Centre for Identities and Social Justice.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 9 other PhDs in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14760 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.