The culture of the Department of History is open, friendly and accessible, and research students are encouraged to be innovative in their use of sources and methodologies. The History programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
Our staff is young and we are on the cutting-edge of our fields and the student-teacher ratio allows us to devote an unmatched amount of time to individual supervision.
Research in the Department of History is esteemed internationally. History staff publish books and articles with leading international publishers and journals and their research has been externally funded by the AHRC, the British Academy, the Panacea Society and Wellcome Trust.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMPhil and PhD topics in the department currently include:
- The Song of the Pen: Penny Romantic Literature 1839-89
- The Freak Show in Nineteenth-Century Britain
- British Women and German Prisoners of War in the 1940s
- Decoding Dress in Interwar Detective Fiction
- The British Diaspora - Race Return Migration and Identity in 20th Century Britain
- Atatürk and his Cult - A Visual History, 1918-1968
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 83 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14760 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.