The project of Curatorial/Knowledge is simultaneously a teaching programme for postgraduate research and a mechanism for bringing together the experiences of working within art institutions and environments with modes of theoretical reflection and analysis being explored within the university. The Curatorial - Knowledge programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
Both forums urgently require a complex mode of dialogue and exchange with one another, one in which experience and reflection can come together. As the boundaries between theory and practice continue to erode, we all feel the need to explore how these might come together beyond context or illustration.
The area of inquiry explored by this degree is ‘the curatorial’ as differentiated from ‘curating’. One of the main reasons to differentiate between these two concepts is in order to open up a space of theoretical reflection and speculation consistently missing within the ever-increasing activity of curating and its professionalisation.
The conjunction of the title ‘Curatorial/Knowledge’ implies an understanding of curating as the production of and engagement with knowledge. Thus ‘knowing’ is not the absorption of information and materials, and neither simply analysis and interpretation, but rather something we actively produce through our various practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students come together six times a year for intense three-day seminars, typically involving whole days with international guest speakers, presentations of research conducted by the programme's participants, and 'reading group' sessions engaging in textual analysis and methodological considerations.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMuseum Studies View 5 other Masters in Museum Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14760 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.