Our key strengths lie in our integrated approaches to understanding cultural, biological and social change: the spread of peoples, their ideas and material artefacts. We focus particularly on adaptation, adversity and globalisation.
Graduates from this Archaeology and Anthropology programme is offered by University of Bristol . programme go on to work in diverse professional contexts, including higher education and research, museums, the heritage sector, international development, NGOs, and policy-making organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch groups:
- Adversity: We address the resilience of humanity in the face of major challenges past and present, such as disease, conflict and technological change.
- Adaptation: We explore the biological and cultural evolutionary processes that generate human diversity.
- Globalisation: We discover how the movements of people, ideas and objects articulate with continuity and change, from the Neolithic to the present day.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology History View 26 other PhDs in Anthropology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A master's qualification, or be working towards a master's qualification, or international equivalent, with evidence of first class/distinction-level research. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Applicants with a non-traditional background may be considered provided they can demonstrate substantial equivalent and relevant experience that has prepared them to undertake their proposed course of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.