We have an active postgraduate community and internationally renowned staff who set the agenda and break new ground in their respective fields. Teaching and supervision are informed by the latest research and we are proud of the contributions made by our postgraduates to the department's vibrant research culture.
We have an exciting seminar/colloquium and conference programme, including regular seminars in philosophy and history of science, medicine, mathematics and logic, as well as weekly departmental seminars with visiting speakers, and joint sessions run with the Departments of Physics, Mathematics, Politics, English, History and Medicine. We also host the Centre for Science and Philosophy , which promotes the interpretation of science through collaboration with other disciplines.
The majority of graduates from this Philosophy programme from University of Bristol develop careers as academics in higher education, while maintaining the capacity to undertake new and innovative research in the field of philosophy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of science, mathematics and logic
- Epistemology, philosophy of mind and psychology
- Moral and political philosophy
- Philosophy of medicine and biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics General Studies & Classics View 90 other PhDs in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A master's qualification, or be working towards a master's qualification, or international equivalent. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis, provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Applicants with a non-traditional background may be considered provided they can demonstrate substantial equivalent and relevant experience that has prepared them to undertake their proposed course of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: part-time £2,283
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.