The department collaborates with more than 30 industrial organisations and has been successful in attracting substantial research funding from diverse sources in the UK, Europe and overseas.
Students from the Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme offered by the University of Bristol typically go into a variety of careers, including working in research or academic roles at universities in the UK and overseas. A large number of students go on to work in industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Antenna design and fabrication
- Channel measurement and prediction
- Information theory and advanced wireless access
- Broadband wireless (including 4G cellular)
- Network architectures and cross-layer interaction
- Gigabit wireless local/personal area networks
- Computational electromagnetics
- RF technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- We welcome applications at any time of year.
- Start date is not fixed.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 24 other PhDs in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.