Applicants should contact a potential academic adviser to discuss available projects before submitting an application.
Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering programme offered by the University of Bristol are found in a variety of careers all over the globe, including world-leading research. Many work as consultants or as part of large-scale engineering industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Dynamics and Control
- Solid Mechanics
- Engineering Systems and Design
- Ultrasonics and Non-destructive Testing
- Fluid and Aerodynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date and deadline not fixed.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 77 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- PhD applicants must hold/achieve a minimum of a master’s degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis, provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree. Please note, acceptance will also depend on evidence of readiness to pursue a research degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.