The postgraduate students of the Psychology programme offered by the University of Bristol are a very important part of the departmental research culture and are a key component in maintaining our international research reputation.
Before submitting an application, we strongly recommend that potential applicants make informal contact with the member of academic staff who has expertise in the research area you wish to pursue.
Many of our PhD graduates work in academia; others work in the private sector or in government institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research activity in the school is organised into research themes. Within each theme, there is a set of focused research groups.
- An important feature of this research structure is the extent of collaboration across research groups and across the themes. All groups address fundamental questions and look at the impact of their work more broadly in industry, healthcare, education and society. Across these thematic research groups, there are particular strengths in computational neuroscience and neuropsychology.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Educational Psychology View 23 other PhDs in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bristol and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in psychology or a related discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4665 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4665 GBP per year during 48 months.
UK: part-time (two years)
- £2,332 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.