IUM offers the Doctorate in Business Administration in response to a high demand coming from experienced professionals wishing to take a step back from their ongoing professional activities to research a specific managerial situation they encounter at work.
The Doctor of Business Administration program from International University of Monaco (IUM) is practitioner-oriented and designed to be of functional significance to the practice of management.
It allies applied research with professional practices and provides the opportunity to theoretically reflect on activities undertaken in a professional context.
The undertaken research can be oriented towards sustained theoretically-based investigation of the management field leading to novel reconsiderations of existing work, or towards a purely research-based, original analysis and consideration of data and phenomena to correspond with similar research existent in the academic milieu.
The DBA degree intended to allow you to embark on careers as applied researchers, consultants, and senior corporate roles.
Who Can Do a Dba and Why Should You?Students are expected to have a minimum of five years professional experience prior to DBA study, and a post-graduate level diploma (e.g., Master, MBA).
Indeed, the researched problematic should resolve a managerial issue you have encountered. Your research will be based on sound scientific methods and make a contribution to managerial knowledge.The DBA degree intends for you to stay in business and enhance your career. Nonetheless, the IUM DBA could be followed up and expanded through a traditional PhD diploma at a university, whereby one of IUM’s habilitated professors might take the role of a supervisor.
- Building the Foundations of Your Research Work
- Methods for Developing Your Research Proposal
- Advanced Methods for Your Empirical Research
- Implementing Your Research Findings
- Work on and Refinement of Your Doctoral Research
- Presenting and Defending Your Doctoral Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed and signed application form
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers who have observed your performance in an academic and/or professional context.
- Certified copy or original diploma and transcripts of your last diploma (Master level diploma min.)
- The grading scale of the transcript(s)
- A statement of planned research of 1000 words maximum, written in English, listing a maximum of 3 relevant managerial problem statements you would like to research, and a description of their empirical application (must be sent to IUM AFTER the interview)
- Proof of English proficiency (original test score sheet of TOEFL, The Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency Test, or IELTS)
- An updated Resume including educational and professional information that confirms work experience requirement
- 2 passport-size photographs
- Photocopy of passport or national identity card
- A copy of your residency permit for the Monegasque Resident ONLY
International14583 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43750 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA14583 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43750 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.