The Educational Psychology programme offered by the University of Bristol serves as the entry qualification for professional practice and employment in educational psychology. It has been designed to meet the professional training needs of educational psychologists and reflects a shift in orientation in professional training that is implicit in a research degree.
The DEdPsych programme leads to a professional qualification in educational psychology, so graduates can register as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council and as a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society.
Educational psychologists are employed across a wide range of fields, including local authorities, social enterprise organisations, private practice, schools and academies, and the health service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment, Learning and Intervention
- Understanding and Challenging Social Barriers
- Children in Families and Communities
- Research Methods
- Local Authority and School Systems
- Psychological Dimensions of Interpersonal Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Educational Psychology View 86 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree in psychology (or equivalent qualification) that confers Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society.
- Relevant experience of working with children or young people (aged 0-25). Applicants with a lower second-class degree (or international equivalent) and relevant experience may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National11195 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11195 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.