The Doctor of Philosophy program’s focuses on applied business research, making it relevant to the growth of the UAE/GCC/MEA economies. The PhD program generally takes 4 years to complete.
By the end of the PhD program, the candidate is expected to have fulfilled the following learning objectives:
- Develop key pioneering research questions that can be explored empirically to provide innovative and creative solutions to specific problems
- Explore advanced theoretical knowledge to develop research skills through original research
- Integrate advanced knowledge into managerial and organizational contexts and roles
- Prepare for teaching responsibilities in higher education (for those who expect to enter the teaching profession)
- AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of a high-quality PhD program
- The program’s focuses on applied business research, making it relevant to the growth of the UAE/GCC/MEA economies
- The program is delivered by well-trained, highly qualified faculty at UD’s College of Business Administration as well as visiting professors from overseas institutions collaborating with UD. Thus, diversity and international expertise become part of the student’s learning experience
- Students are exposed to UAE culture and the global business environment, which enriches their experience as doctoral students
- Instructional resources are available through the e-portal shared by UD and other partnering institutions to assist students with their PhD theses
- The University of Dubai is sponsored by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, an important link to the business community
AACSB International accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe curriculum involves three academic pillars:
- Research methodology courses (i.e. Research Design, Quantitative and Qualitative methodology seminars, Pedagogy, etc.).
- Concentration courses (Marketing, Management, Finance and Accounting).
- The Dissertation/ Thesis.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics
- Completed application form.
- Provide 2 satisfactory letters;
- Provide a certified copy of the last 2 degrees (Bachelors and Master’s degree).
- Valid Bachelor’s equivalency or Master’s equivalency (Degree outside UAE).
- Provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Submit a research proposal.
- Attend an interview with the PhD Program Committee.
- Pay application fees AED 3,000 (non-refundable).
- Valid passport copy.
- Valid emirates ID.
- Campus violation list (provided by registration department).
- Original Transcript of the last 2 degrees (Bachelors + Masters).
- Recent photos (4 copies).
- IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent.
- Employment letter.
International20419 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 81676 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
National20419 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 81676 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
- The total cost of the program is AED 300,000 + Tax
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.