- DPhil in Management Courses at University of Oxford are typically taught in lectures and seminar-style classes, with some assessed work. In addition, you are encouraged to seek out and take courses in other departments especially when your work has interdisciplinary elements. This breadth of research training is essential if you are to progress in an academic career. You need to be able to make informed choices about the methods you employ in your research.
- From the second year of your DPhil, while you may still have some coursework, you will concentrate primarily on your thesis, working closely with leading academics in their field and exploring their own interests in greater depth. Our student-to-faculty ratio means there is plenty of interaction and individual attention, and students are encouraged to co-published with their supervisors.
- You will be both a student and a junior research colleague. We provide courses in a wide variety of research methods and you will work closely with your supervisors to define your research question and develop your thesis. In addition, you will have opportunities to gain teaching and research assistant experience and become involved with the intellectual community within both Saïd Business School and wider University. You will attend academic conferences, make presentations, organise lectures and seminars, and contribute to management and academic decisions.
- We have deliberately kept the DPhil programme small which means that in the vast majority of cases, students are fully funded to allow students to devote their energies to their research. The DPhil corresponds to a PhD degree offered at most other universities.
You are required to take three core courses in quantitative and qualitative aspects of research methodology during their first term:
- Introduction to Management Research Methods
- Statistical Research Methods
- Management and Organisation Theory
- Innovation, Organisation and Markets
- Organisational Theory
- Foundations of Strategy
- Social Network Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management Studies Strategic Management View 10 other PhDs in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
- a good undergraduate degree: 2.1 (GPA 3.5 or its equivalent)
- GMAT or GRE test results
- TOEFL or IELTS test results (If you are not from an English speaking majority country)
- three pieces of written work, including a well-developed research proposal
- three academic references
International21757 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21757 GBP per year during 48 months.
National21757 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21757 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.