The Professional Counseling degree at University of West Georgia consists of 27 semester hours after completion of the master's degree. The mission of the Ed.S. in Professional Counseling program is to provide professional counselors with advanced skills and knowledge to be exemplary practitioners and supervisors.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply advanced theories of individual and group counseling in practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply research methods to counseling interventions and/or program evaluation and use the information to improve programming
- Demonstrate the ability to provide quality clinical supervision
- Demonstrate an understanding of current issues in counseling and supervision
This program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Counseling in the Military Community
- Advanced Multicultural Counseling
- Supervision in Counseling
- Consultation, Collaboration and Program Development in Counseling
- Designing Effective Programs
- Current Issues in Counseling and Supervision
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 14 other PhDs in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master's degree in counseling or very closely related field
- Minimum 3.0 graduate GPA
- Official GRE scores: Composite score of 291 (minimum of 150 Verbal and 141 Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical Writing). Scores must be no more than 5 years old.
- Written personal narrative describing the reasons for applying to the program, an analysis of personal strengths and weaknesses related to the chosen option, career goals, and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Interview with faculty (after admissions file is complete)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.