The Information and Communication Technologies programme of the Pompeu Fabra University is an innovative programme, unique in Catalonia and Spain in terms of its content, which aims to provide a bridge between various disciplines in this field.
These are grouped into four main areas: cognitive and intelligent systems, audiovisual technologies, networks and communications, and computational biology and biomedical systems. The themes of the programme are the same as the lines of research that are worked on at the DTIC.
The programme received a Mention of Excellence from the Ministry of Science and Innovation in 2011.
Lines of research:
- Cognitive and intelligent systems
- Audiovisual technologies
- Computational biology and biomedical systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Informatics & Information Sciences Artificial Intelligence
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution)
- An accredited graduate/master's degree (equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research) which enables them to access a Phd programme in their home country
- You need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion and a photocopy of the graduate/master's degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion.
- Copy of the Master's Thesis, or copies of publications co-authored by the applicant, or a research proposal
- English competence level B.2
- A personal letter in which the applicant explains his/her interest in the chosen research field and our university
- Identity Card or Passport
International401 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per module during 36 months.
EU/EEA401 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per module during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.