Sociology programme is offered at Sciences Po.
The doctoral program in Sociology, with substantial support from two major Sciences Po laboratories (the Centre for the Sociology of Organizations and the Sociological Observatory of Change), and et The Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics (CEE), is designed to provide:
- the theoretical foundations and most recent developments in international sociological analysis;
- opportunities to specialize in fields of sociology: public policy, consumption, culture, education, employment, exclusion, markets, risks and health, segregation, stratification, social uses of time, cities, etc.;
- deep, high-level quantitative and qualitative methodological work based on fieldwork and data, with the support of leading experts;
- an international and comparative scope of training;
- tailored support at the research centers from a strongly committed and internationally recognized academic team.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A thesis project in PDF or Word format (5,000 words maximum). 3000 words maximum for the PhD programme in History, excluding bibliography, that shouldn’t exceed 20-25 titles
- A synopsis of your thesis project (two pages) in PDF or Word format
- Two academic recommendations
- A CV
- Proof of identity
- A copy of the last completed degree (for the PhD in political science, highest honours on the Masters thesis is required)
International385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 385 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 385 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For all students admitted to the PhD programme at the “Thesis” level, the annual fee for the 2016/2017 academic year is 391 euros, irrespective of tax residency.
In order to make Sciences Po accessible to all to promote academic success, Sciences Po offers many types of financial aid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.