Computer Science and Engineering from Brno University of Technology is intended for outstanding graduates from a master's degree completed at any university. The education acquired in this degree programme also includes preparation and certification for scientific work. Graduates of the doctoral degree programme are ready to start their own scientific, research and managerial work.
The graduates can utilize their creativity at distinguished research centres as heads of research and development teams as well as in scientific and pedagogical career at universities. Graduates of this programme can also occupy high positions in large institutions and companies, where creative and independent work is required as well as efficiency at analysing complex problems and suggesting new and original solutions. The graduates receive the title of Doctor (Ph.D.) following their names. The expected number of students accepted is 40 to 60 a year.
- Adaptive reconfigurable systems-on-chip for purposes of cryptography
- Advanced Algorithms of Computer Graphics
- Advanced methods for monitoring and analysis of mobil communication
- Advanced Methods of Computational Photography
- Advanced Methods of Image Processing for Large Aerial Images
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
29 May deadline for the first round of the admission procedure and 28 August deadline for the second round of the admission procedure.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 12 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A student may be admitted to the doctoral study programme provided that he/she graduated from an MSc study programme from the area of computer science and engineering and provided that he/she passes an entrance examination.
- The student is required to select a theme of his/her future dissertation thesis from among of those offered by the faculty, to have an outstanding knowledge of the theory and applications related to the chosen theme, to have skills for scientific work, to have good English language skills, and to obtain an approval from his/her future supervisor.
- a certified copy of the university diploma - the graduate of master's degree program at the foreign university submits an application for diploma recognition,
- colour photograph of passport format.
- Legalized copy of the TOEFL Basic English 213 and written English 550
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.