The Chemistry, Technology and Properties of Materials study at Brno University of Technology includes the principles of testing and measuring methods that will qualify the students both for the positions of technology team supervisors in chemical plants and work in the basic and applied research, research and development institutes involved in the testing of physically-chemical characteristics of substances and also in companies focused on the production of novel , perspective materials. This is what the domestic and international internships are aimed for. The teaching load in seminars provides the doctoral students with the basic experience and contacts with students and qualify them for the future secondary and post-secondary teaching positions.
Graduates with Chemistry, Technology and Properties of Materials study at Brno University of Technology will:
- be able to formulate a scientific problem independently, propose hypotheses and procedures leading to its solving and attempt its confirmation on an experimental or theoretical level.
- gain critical evaluation of published scientific information and the ability to communicate in English - both verbally and in written form
- Ceramic materials
- Measurements of material parameters
- Molecular materials
- Advanced Materials Technolgies and Applications
- Utilisation of secondary products
- Materials Science-Fundamentals and Advances
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 11 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We expect knowledge of basic chemical, physical and physically-chemical concepts and principles to the extent specified for the comprehensive MA exam in chemistry, physics and physical chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry of the Brno University of Technology, eventually at other similarly focused BUT faculties or other university faculties.
- Other requirements: interest in engineering and scientific work, knowledge of English and good results in the previous study (better than average grade of 2).
- CV including (i) a list of published works and information on the professional activities and results achieved by the applicant so far in addressing the issues related to the selected doctoral degree study topic, and (ii) where appropriate, other relevant supporting documents demonstrating his/her professional competence, such as referrals from persons with whom the applicant has been professionally in contact; and
- letter of intent
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.