The influence of technology in healthcare and well-being is apparent in many domains, starting from hospitals, home-healthcare, elderly assisted living and extending to healthcare related well-being applications, such as disease prevention, activity monitoring, fitness and (top-) sports programs and balanced lifestyle.Some major characteristics of the present application of technology in healthcare and wellbeing are:
- There still is a strong tendency towards technology push from medical/wellbeing (equipment) suppliers
- Healthcare professionals and health coaches primarily focus on individual clients/patients and medical/physiological knowledge. Technology is considered to facilitate their core activities
- New health-related technologies only are accepted by both health professionals and clients/patients after extensive evaluation and broad acceptance by leading experts in the field. In addition, reviews in social and other media are becoming increasingly Graduate program Electrical Engineering 2015-2016 crucial. Prerequisite is that new technologies for healthcare and well-being have proven to be robust, non-obtrusive and reliable
- Healthcare professionals often have severe problems with overseeing and absorbing the potential impact of new technologies
- New technologies as such do not necessarily lead to higher efficiency of healthcare and well-being applications. Initially, they often even lead to an increase in cost of care
- Healthcare and well-being related technologies rapidly move close to and even into people’s homes
After successfully completing all parts of the Healthcare Systems Design programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) students will receive a certified diploma. A certified PDEng has in-depth knowledge of design processes, theoretical as well as practical, which clearly distinguishes him/her from a ‘normal’ MSc.
Graduates have found challenging and exciting jobs in (multi)national companies, including:
- NXP Semiconductors
- Technology, design and modeling
- Health and Wellbeing
- Professional development
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Engineering projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Informatics & Information Sciences Health Informatics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The programme Healthcare Systems Design is open to recently graduated MSc students from top universities only.
- More specifically, application is only open to those candidates holding an MSc degree that is recognized by the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education and to those candidates who have passed a regular post-BSc scientific study programme of at least two years in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Admission standards are high in order to maintain the quality of the programme.
- Good marks, technical background, possible work experience, motivation and personality are decisive factors.
Trainees do not have to pay tuition fees.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.