The Animal and Aquacultural Sciences programme of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) shall qualify candidates for research of international standard within the department’s subject areas, and for other work in society where there are high demands on scientific insight and analytical thinking, in accordance with recognised principles of academic and research ethics.
The objective of the PhD education is to give candidates knowledge, skills and expertise in line with the Norwegian qualifications framework.
- Quantitative genetics
- Biometrical methods in animal breeding
- Lipid metabolism
- Nutritional biochemistry and physiology
- Individual PhD course in ethology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
An application for admission shall be submitted to the department on the standard form, and it must be processed at the latest three months after the start date
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A master's degree with a scope of at least 120 credits (ECTS) that is based on a bachelor’s degree of minimum 180 credits (ECTS), or a cand.med.vet. degree, or an integrated master’s degree with a scope of minimum 300 credits (ECTS).
- English language skills.
- You must be able to document provision of full funding for the entire contract period (i.e. 3 years full-time study). The most common form of financing is the appointment of a PhD fellowship position.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees. However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.