A thorough understanding of reproductive functioning in both sexes at molecular level using a wide range of experimental models, and studying at translational level a number of important problems associated with human reproductive health and disease in testis, ovary, the uterus during the menstrual cycle and throughout pregnancy and labour, in the fetus and neonate, and in fetal programming resulting in increased risk of chronic disease in adulthood are the major goals of the programme.
What you will learn
As a result of rapid advances in life science technology and medicine at molecular level, reproductive sciences have evolved into four different disciplines as Reproductive biology, Reproductive endocrinology (Embryology and assisted reproduction technologies), Reproductive immunology and Reproductive genetics.
The Reproductive Medicine students at Koc University will undertake some core teaching and conduct research projects, performed on this very wide range of research fields within the reproductive sciences.
- Corpus luteum biology
- DNA damage response of the oocyte and p63 activation
- The molecular mechanisms underlying oocyte death induced by chemotherapy drugs and radiation
- Cryobiology, slow freezing and vitrification of oocytes and ovarian cryopreservation
- In vitro follicle growth and activation
- Progesterone receptor signalling
- Endometrial receptivity
- Ovarian reserve
- Resume / CV (Personal and Educational Background Information)
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- English language proficiency test results (either TOEFL for Master’s or PhD programs or YDS/YÖKDİL for Turkish applicants)
- GRE test scores
- ALES (for Turkish applicants)
International16000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 USD per year during 48 months.
National11322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11322 USD per year during 48 months.
- Turkish students: 110000 Turkish Lira
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.