On completion of the PhD programme in Veterinary Science, new doctors are expected to have in-depth knowledge in the chosen subject area within the PhD programme of study in Veterinary Science, and to be at the forefront of knowledge in their field of expertise within this discipline.
The Veterinary Science programme of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) shall qualify candidates for research of international standard within the departments' subject areas, and for other work in society where there are high demands on scientific insight and analytical thinking, in accordance with recognised principles of academic and research ethics.
- Research Ethics and Philosophy of Science
- Microeconomic Theory
- Development Economics: Methods and Policy Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The application must contain:
- a copy of original diploma for master's degree or equivalent
- documented proficiency in both written and oral English
- a project description (approximately 1-3 pages)
- a request to use a language other than English or Norwegian in the thesis if relevant
- a proposal for a principal supervisor and co-supervisor/s and specification of the active research community they are affiliated with
- Copy of relevant pages of international passport (non-Norwegians)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees. However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.