Research, technological development and innovation are fundamental objectives of this PhD.
The PhD program is organized in courses and seminars, with the aim of offering to the PhD students a precise advanced and detailed picture of the state of national and international research in relation to the different issues addressed. These courses and seminars are both held by the Professors of the PhD Course and by external lecturers who represent, within the international scientific community, a reference point for their specific expertise.
The main objectives of the Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering programme at University of Padova can be so briefly summarized:
- To offer at the PhD students a high-profile scientific preparation, which allows them to relate with the most advanced tools and methods in the field of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering at national and international level;
- To enhance the PhD students in relation to the external environment, by creating direct contact points with specific areas of the business world and scientific research in need of highly professional figures.
- Risk, vulnerability, environment, health and territory The research activity proposed by the curriculum is aimed at developing methodological approaches, advanced theoretical and experimental models in relation to environmental issues in the broadest sense, including the complexity of the man-health-environment relationship.
- Materials, structures, complex systems and architecture The research activity of the curriculum is aimed at addressing aspects related to both existing and new constructions, to structural modeling, construction techniques, architectural representation and design as well as to complex building systems in the perspective of sustainability. In this framework the research activities make use of advanced mathematical-computational models as well as innovative experimental methods.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Civil or 1st Year Environmental
- Engineering or related fields, with proven skills in Hydraulics and Solid Mechanics.
- English language: B2 level (CEFR) or equivalent
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.