The mission of the University of Padova is to train top-level individuals able to combine the understanding of biological processes with the application of advanced experimental techniques.
Links in the industry
Our group of 35 Faculty belongs to the Department of Biomedical Sciences, one of the top-rated Departments in the Country. With 4 Group Leaders ranking within the top 66 Italian Scientists with H indexes above 76, 1 Member of the US National Academy of Sciences and a score of emerging young Faculty we are a group of excellence that compares favorably with the best Institutions worldwide.
The School is hosted by the Vallisneri Interdepartmental Complex, a lively environment that is also home to the Departments of Biology and of Molecular Medicine.
The scientific community is extremely lively, with a large offer of Seminars and joint programs that include Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology, Mitochondrial Science, Muscle and Heart Pathophysiology, Exercise Physiology, Electrophysiology, Signal Transduction, Redox Balance, Tissue Engineering and Nanoparticles.
Research topics include:
- Autonomic Control of Cardiac Function
- cAMP and Ca2+ Signalling in Neurodegeneration
- Chaperones in Muscle Differentiation and Disease
- Computational and Molecular Interactomics
- Extracellular matrix (ECM) Pathobiology and Tissue Engineering
- Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration
- Migraine Pathophysiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Anyone in possession of the following, regardless of nationality, may apply to take part in the selection process:
- diploma di laurea (pre-reform regime);
- laurea specialistica/magistrale (post-reform regime);
- Second-level academic qualifications awarded by AFAM (Higher Education in Art and Music) institutions.
- Evaluation criteria: qualifications (40 points) and oral examination (60 points)
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.