The following research lines are covered:
- Bioinformatics applied to the study of tumors
- Cyto-histopathology and molecular pathology in oncology
- Tumor immunology and immunotherapy approaches
- Molecular markers predicting response to therapy in patients with solid tumors
- Hematological tumors
- Genetic predisposition to cancer
- The role of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in the pathogenesis of tumors
- Locoregional treatment of tumors
- Tumors of the urogenital tract
- Viral oncology
The program provides high-level training to post-graduate students who intend to pursue a research career in basic or clinical oncology. Practical training is offered in participating laboratories with recognized expertise in diverse aspects of cancer research.
The Clinical and Experimental Oncology and Immunology program at University of Padua fosters a multidisciplinary approach, with particular emphasis placed on overcoming the barriers between basic and applied research. Fruitful cultural exchanges are encouraged to favour the acquisition of a translational perspective. Public and private institutions including the Veneto Oncology Institute (IOV), the Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine (VIMM) and the IRCCS Ospedale san Raffaele in Milano, contribute to several lines of research offered by the School.Research activities exploit state-of-the-art technologies and focus on the transfer of innovative technology to diagnostics and therapeutic strategies.
- Scientific English
- Topics of Oncology and Cancer Virology
- Genetics and Bioinformatic Analyses
- Communicating Science Effectively
- Tumor Immunology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Bioinformatics Genetics View 5 other PhDs in Health Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Anyone in possession of the following, regardless of nationality, may apply to take part in the selection process:
• diploma di laurea (pre-reform regime);
• laurea specialistica/magistrale (post-reform regime);
• Second-level academic qualifications awarded by AFAM (Higher Education in Art and Music) institutions.
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 188 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.