Sociology from Eötvös Loránd University ensures the existence of a new generation of scientists dedicated to sociology and social sciences and thoroughly prepares doctoral students for acquiring the PhD qualification and for carrying out independent academic research and lecturing activities at a post-graduate academic level.The program follows international educational standards in social sciences and thus provides highly qualified research experts, university teachers, and training specialists of both theoretical and practical approach for the different fields of social policy practice at a high level, also recognized at an international scale.
- University professor
- Social researcher
- Scientific experts
- Political analyst
- Political expert
- Social policy analyst
- Political expert
- Media expert
- Social Theory
- History of sociology
- Research design and method
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students having an MA degree in any of the social sciences can apply. Applicants shall send in a list of publications as part of the application.
- Certification of English (oral and written): minimum B2 level or above (CEFR B2; IELTS: 6; TOEFL 72)
- Online application form
- Master-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Research work plan
- Copy of the main pages of the passport (needs to be valid)
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Reference work
- Language certificate
- Letter of Recommendation
- list of publications
- Statement by the supervisor, that they accept the role of supervisor/tutor until the end of the student's academic career
- Copy of awards in professional competitions
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA2400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.