About the Program
Conditions of operation will be assured by the departments of Institute of Physics and Institute of Nuclear Techniques, MTA-BME Condensed Matter Physics Reasearch Group, as well as cooperating research institutes and industrial research laboratories.
The research areas in the The Doctoral School of Physical Sciences of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics include nanophysics, spintronics, magnoto-optics, surface physics, laser physics, complex networks, medical physics. Applied optical researches rely on its long history, and the only PhD programme in reactor physics in the country also resides here.
- Searching for analytic solutions of physically relevant non-linear partial differential equations
- THz spectroscopy of topological magnets
- Plasma generation and charaterization using ultrashort laser pulses for innovative particle acceleration methods
- Petahertz sampling of optical waveforms in solid targets
- Phase-field modeling of biological crystallization processes
- Strongly Correlated Systems via Tensor Network State Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MSc in Physics or any fields of engineering
- Successful admission exam
- Research plan preliminary accepted by the faculty (refer to the web site of the Doctorate Council)
- Confirmation letter of the prospective supervisor
- Language skills proven by TOEFL (min iBT 90 or PBT 550 points), IELTS (min 5.0 points) or equivalent certificates
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.