Doctoral School of Mathematics programme offered at Eötvös Loránd University aims to introduce students to high level research in mathematics.
The program is research oriented: apart from attending specialized courses, our students usually start their research work by the end of the first year. Thus by the end of the program they already obtain results which are published (or accepted for publication) in internationally renowned journals. At the end of each year the students report about their research progress. At the end of the second year of studies the students must pass a comprehensive examination.
While many of our former students obtain postdoctoral positions throughout the world, a large number of them get tenure or tenure track positions at universities or research institutes. Some of our students will pursue their research career in the non-academic environment of large international research institutions, tied to high-tech development or to the economic or financial world.
- Number Theory
- Real, Complex and Functional Analysis
- Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems
- Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Graph Theory
- Operations Research, Optimization
- Algorithms, Cryptography
- Set Theory and Mathematical Logic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A master’s degree in mathematics (or in a related field) is a requirement. A reasonable command of English language is also needed (most international certificates will be accepted). Criteria for ranking at the admission procedure will include: previous university achievements (examinations, comprehensive examinations, qualification of degree), achievements related to previous research work (awards obtained in students’ academic circles, publications in the particular professional area), feasibility of the research program
- English knowledge
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Master-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Research plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of clean criminal records
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Language certificate
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA3820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1910 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.