The Doctoral School of Biology programme offered at Eötvös Loránd University selection of courses covers both theoretical background and lab or field skills and experience. The training emphasizes practical skills: the majority of credits are earned with supervised research work under personal tutoring by leading researchers. Students are involved in collaborative research taking advantage of the collaboration networks within the institute and with international partner institutions. The aim of the training is to fully prepare students for a successful career in the life sciences: either in basic research or in the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecology, Conservation Biology and Systematics
- Ethology-Behavioral Biology
- Experimental Plant Biology
- Molecular Cell and Neurobiology
- Neuroscience and Human Biology
- Structural Biochemistry
- Zootaxonomy, Animal Ecology and Hydrobiology
- Theoretical and Evolutionary Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Master’s degree in Biology or a related field is a requirement.
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): C1
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): C1
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Master-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Research plan
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of clean criminal records
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Reference work
- Language certificate
- Entrance exam fee
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
National3820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1910 EUR per semester during 48 months.
2,500 - 4.500 EUR (depending on the research topic)
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.