Doctoral School of Informatics from Eötvös Loránd University objective is to train computer science and info-communication technology experts with professional knowledge based on solid theoretical background.
Students obtaining the PhD degree successfully apply for positions in the academia or in higher education. Another option is for them to find an excellent job in the software industry. Many international companies operate research labs in the region and recruit CS and ICT experts possessing a PhD. Small or medium sized innovative companies employ outstanding professionals as project leaders. In the long term, a PhD degree is a vantage-point in the labour market. Finally, high quality doctoral research can also culminate in a successful product and in a private start-up company.
- Teaching and/or research positions in the academia
- CEO of start-up company
- ICT expert at a company
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Information systems,
- Numeric and symbolic computations,
- Foundation and methodology of informatics,
- Informatics teaching methodology.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- MSc degree and entrance examination
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Master-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Research plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of the main pages of the passport (needs to be valid)
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of clean criminal records
- Language certificate
- A statement about the place of the doctoral research work in case the applicant will do the research work at an external institute outside of the university.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.