This Innovation and Entrepreneurship PhD specialisation at BI Norwegian Business School is created to support willing and capable candidates to obtain a high quality research education that qualifies for academic careers at leading research institutions or as advanced specialists elsewhere. The specialisation focuses on developing the candidates' theoretical and methodological capabilities and skills through careful research practice and studies required for disciplined and creative new theory creation.
The specialisation seeks highly qualified candidates with background in disciplines that are relevant to studies of innovation and entrepreneurship. We require that all candidates have a sufficient knowledge of business management subjects to enter the programme.
The doctoral specialisation is highly important to the department's research agenda within areas of knowledge production that steadily has emerged as absolutely crucial to the modern world of business and society.
Features of the programme
- The specialisation emphasises both qualitative and quantitative research methods. The majority of completed doctoral thesis has concentrated on various kinds of detailed case studies that may also include substantial elements of quantitative analysis.
- All doctoral candidates are expected to participate actively in research activities within the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Innovation processes in various industries
- Studies of innovative economies and industries
- Entrepreneurial finance, Venture Capital and Private Equity Industry
- History of innovative enterprises and industrial dynamics
- Governance and management of innovative enterprises
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management Technology Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- have at least five years of higher education
- hold a two year scientific Master's degree (MSc) (120 ECTS) with B average or better
- hold a Master's degree that includes thesis work (15 to 30 ECTS)
- hold a Master's degree within the fields of economics and business administration or an area in which BI offers a PhD specialisation
- hold degree(s) from an accredited institution or an institution recognised by NOKUT
In particular cases GMAT or GRE tests and/or TOEFL or IELTS tests may be required. Applicants will be informed if this is needed.
BI will need percentile scores and raw scores for the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing sections of the GRE or GMAT to consider your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
There are no tuition fees in the PhD programme at BI. However in order to have an application to the PhD programme at BI considered you need to have funding.
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.