Students of the Education programme from Maynooth University work with their supervisors to develop a substantive piece of research that makes an original contribution to knowledge in the field and tradition of educational research.
Postgraduate students in education come from a range of backgrounds and have a wide range of interests. Some students wish to develop their professional practice and take on leadership roles, others wish to take on other professional responsibilities or engage in policy formation in the national or international context. Holding a PhD qualifies one to teach at university level and to carry out advanced research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Funding Application
- Qualitative Methods
- The Craft and Logics of Social Research
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning: Tutors & Demonstrators
- Leading Equality and Diversity in Education
- Professional Skills - Thesis Completion and Career Development
- Academic Writing Module
- Educational Research and Methods
- Coaching in Education
- Teaching About Teaching. From Teacher to Teacher Educator
- Pedagogical Thinking
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4 other PhDs in Education in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum 2.1 degree (BA or MA/M.Ed ) or international equivalent in Education or a cognate area, and a proposal for original research that is accepted by the Department. Students undertake 30 credits of modules that support their research. ¿Generally, students without a Masters undertake 60 credits of modules. Studies can be undertaken on a part-time or full-time basis, and credit requirements are the same for both pathways.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 36 months.
Part time EU: 4330 EUR
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.