The Finance programme from Essex, University of, enables you to spend your first year completing a full-time Masters qualification, which will equip you with the business knowledge and research skills needed to begin PhD study the following year. Your PhD will then be studied full time, over the next three years.
his PhD follows a 'three paper' thesis, where you produce three research articles, framed by an introduction and conclusion.
Your supervisors will support you to submit these papers to conferences and for publication in international journals, so you can begin to build your international research portfolio well before graduation. You benefit from strong industry links with organisations such as Invesco Perpetual and HSBC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You spend your first year of your Integrated PhD completing a full-time Masters-level qualification, which will equip you with the business knowledge and research skills needed to formally begin PhD study the following year.
- During the following year you meet regularly with your supervisors and undertake an intensive study programme. You attend advanced research methods training and undertake compulsory modules tailored to your individual research needs.
- Throughout your PhD, you have regular meetings with your supervisors. You are often asked to write up your ideas or reading notes to help establish good writing practices.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 51 other PhDs in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our four year integrated PhD, allows you to spend your first year studying at Masters level in order to develop the necessary knowledge and skills and to start your independent research in year two.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from applicants studying in the EU and other countries. Get in touch with any questions you may have about the qualifications we accept. Remember to tell us about the qualifications you have already completed or are currently taking.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 60 months.
EU/EEA5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.