On the Accounting programme from Essex, University of, you can follow a traditional thesis approach, where you write a dissertation reflecting on contemporary problems facing the world of accounting, or you may decide to produce a 'three paper' thesis.
This consists of a number of research articles, framed by an introduction and conclusion. Your supervisors support you to submit these papers to conferences and for publication in international journals, so you can begin to build you international research portfolio well before graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You begin your studies by meeting with your supervisors and undertaking an intensive induction programme. You attend advanced research methods training and undertake compulsory modules tailored to your individual research needs.
- Throughout your PhD, you have regular meetings with your supervisors.
- You are often asked to write up your ideas or reading notes to help establish good writing practices.
- By the end of your first year of research, you should have a solid understanding of the key debates in your field and have defined your research questions, outlining your original contribution to knowledge
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 28 other PhDs in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a good Masters degree, or equivalent, in a related subject. A well developed research proposal is also essential.
- You will normally be required to attend an interview/Skype interview for acceptance, and acceptance is subject to research expertise in the department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/UK fee
- International fee
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.