You may be interested in the health of the general population or in relation to a very specific sample of the population but whatever your specific research interests we are likely to have a supervisor with the experience to support you in this process.
You will be offered opportunities to access our Masters level research methods modules to provide a sound foundation of specific research knowledge and skills. In addition, you will have access to the University’s Proficio research training scheme which allows you to choose training programmes that meet the requirements of your own research topics and methodologies.
Our Graduates of the PhD in Health Studies from University of Essex have gone on to take up posts in both clinical and management positions in Trusts, hospitals and care organisations as well as in local and county councils.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A research degree doesn't have a taught structure, giving you the chance to investigate your chosen topic in real depth and reach a profound understanding. In communicating that understanding, through a thesis or other means, you have a rare opportunity to generate knowledge. A research degree allows you to develop new high-level skills, enhance your professional development and build new networks. It can open doors to many careers.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 23 other PhDs in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a Masters degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline such as a health science or a social science. Alternatively you will need to evidence advanced research skills developed through an alternative route. A well developed research proposal is also essential.
- You will normally be required to attend an interview/Skype interview for acceptance, and acceptance is subject to research expertise in the department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/UK fee: £2,680
- International fee: £8,115
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.